15 People That Brought a Spark of Happiness Back Into Others’ Lives
Kindness is the most radical thing in the world and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. The tiniest gesture, any “oh-it’s-nothing,” can change someone’s day or, maybe, even life. Bonding with a total stranger via tattoos, donating your hair to a good cause, or feeding an animal — - it doesn’t matter what you do if, at the end of the day, it puts a huge smile on someone’s face.
Bright Side collected stories of people who were either on the giving or the receiving end of kindness, and we want to share them with you.
1. “Woody Harrelson helped us move out of our apartment today. Love you, NYC.”
2. “A complete stranger and I got tattoos of each other’s face.”
3. “Meer seconds after she said yes.”
4. “Girl in a wheelchair being lifted to see the front stage at the Escapade Music Festival, Ottawa”
5. “Cut off over 12 inches to donate to Locks of Love!”
6. “Someone left a ‘money for nothing’ card at our local downtown train station. No, I didn’t take it.”
7. “My neighbor had a plant potted in a cardboard box, and I had a spare pot, so I dropped one off at her door with a note. The next day, I opened my door to this.”
8. “On a road trip and saw this lovely old lady giving water to a family of ducks who were miles from a body of water on a 101°F day.”
9. “Found and returned a man’s homemade drone & GoPro 8 while diving in the American River!”
10. “These gentlemen make around a thousand toy tops for Ronald McDonald House each year.”
11. “I gave a thirsty snake a little drink of water in drought-ridden South Carolina.”
12. “This man allowed special needs person he didn’t know to hold his hand on a crowded bus.”
13. “I’ve had a bad month so far, but someone had some cupcakes delivered with a sweet note in them. It made my day!”
14. Every year, to make people living in the area happy, this Russian grandpa creates giant New Year cards on ice.
15. “3 years ago today, a stranger saved my life. I asked my gaming community for a real-life superhero who would donate a kidney to me. She was a match!”
What unexpected act of kindness have you received or performed? Share your stories with us!