20 People That Have a Slightly Different Idea of What Safety Means
We sometimes think that incidents, like a fire or some other kind of emergency, only happen to other people. That’s probably why some basic objects that could help us avoid, or at least deal with, these catastrophes are often seen as useless things just lying around as part of the decor. But that’s exactly how we end up with expired fire extinguishers, obstructed fire alarms, or completely blocked emergency exits. A few Reddit users shared pictures highlighting some epic safety failures that hopefully serve as reminders to us all of the importance of taking care of all those things that could eventually save our lives.
Bright Side knows that an emergency can surprise anyone at the least expected time, so we call on our readers to not allow these situations to happen in their homes or workplaces. It is better to prevent them now, than to later regret the irreparable consequences. Take a look!
1. “Turns out the ability to read isn’t required for my job.”
“Keep clear, do not block”
2. “Just use this bottle of nothing if something bad goes into your eyes!”
3. “Bonus about that exit, it was during a renovation that resulted in that door also being bricked in. So even if you moved the rolls, you still couldn’t get out.”
4. “No fires allowed, I guess.”
5. “Guess we can just have fires then.”
6. “Let’s hope there’s never a fire in the shower room at my office.”
7. “I’m out of words... how and why?”
8. “True story: So... I tried to open the door to see how the installation was going. Tried...”
9. “It’s been like this for 2 weeks and the place keeps running as if nothing is wrong.”
10. “Incredible work”
11. “If you can’t see the fire exit, it doesn’t exist.”
12. “Always leave a note.”
13. “This is me about 6 years ago. We were trying to measure how deep the water was to build a cofferdam around an intake pipe. I don’t work for that company anymore.”
14. What could possibly go wrong, right? I mean, water beats fire...
15. “Who needs a ladder, when you have these perfectly fine vehicles all over the parking lot.”
16. “This is not the step up I was looking for today.”
17. “I’ve been late doing stuff, but this is pushing it.”
18. “On the only exit on this side of the building”
19. “I don’t think ladders are supposed to be used this way.”
20. “At a propane filling station. Good to know that if there was a fire, that extinguisher would be secure.”
Have you ever noticed any of these shortcomings in your office or even at your residence? If so, let us know in the comments! You can share a picture and the story behind it, to make people aware of what needs to be changed to have a safer environment!