19 Little Moments of Happiness That Kept Us Warm This Winter
No matter how harsh the winter is, the precious moments of love and kindness we share with our dearest can always make us feel cozy and warm. Be that a dog who befriends your child in the cutest way, or a beloved rescued cat who finally takes a nap on your knees after years of being timid, these wholesome moments will stay in your memory for a long time, and it’s so good to have photos so we can remember them forever and share them with the world.
We at Bright Side want to share 19 Reddit posts from this winter that are spreading good vibes right through the screen, and we’d be glad if you shared your best winter moments too!
1. “The first selfie my grandpa took with his new phone”
2. “After 10 years of hiding under furniture from us she’s finally feeling at home.”
3. “Today my house went from 0 dogs to 11 dogs in the span of a few hours. Meet Emmy Lou and her pile of 10 one-week-old puppies.”
4. “On a Zoom call for work, and Gus noticed someone else had a cat...”
5. “Went to adopt a kitten yesterday, and her sister started crying for her as soon as they were separated. So now I have 2 kittens. Best decision ever!”
6. “Daisy’s 3 and didn’t have the best puppyhood. We adopted her 2 months ago. She learned to chase a tennis ball yesterday. Today... this.”
7. “Went to the shelter to look at dogs, they didn’t have any there, but once this little girl saw me she started pawing at her cage. Now I have a new forever friend.”
8. “My grandma got a lot of visitors the other day.”
9. “The shelter made a rule that these siblings had to be adopted together, because they were inseparable. They sleep like this every night.”
10. “This is Toby. I found him at work under some pallets during a heavy rainstorm. I sat in the rain for 40 minutes to gain his trust and now he’s home safe and happy!”
11. “Adopted her 2 months ago, I think she finally adopted me back last night.”
12. “After 17 years she’s decided to cuddle!”
13. “Brought our baby girl home from the hospital to meet the other member of our pack. He accepted the addition.”
14. “A cute squirrel at my apartment striking a pose for me!”
15. “Bought my cats an electric blanket to try and distract them from climbing all over me while I worked from home. I think it worked.”
16. “My 2-year-old adores our cat. Also, I think my cat might be a saint.”
17. “It took 3 months, but our rescue boy has learned that beds are safe and comfy. After 5 years alone in an outdoor concrete run, it’s beautiful to see him so relaxed.”
18. “My wife and I taking this rescue pup to his forever home”
19. “My son always texts to say he’s on his way home. So I open the door, letting his 17-year-old cat, and 16-year-old doggo know that he’s on his way. This is them waiting for him.”
Which was your happiest moment from this winter? Let’s talk about the nice things that made this winter a bit warmer in the comments!