15+ Photos That Prove Fluffy Buddies Can Improve Any Pitiful Day
A man who was blessed by the sweet attention of a kitty on a delayed train or a boy who was put in a time out where his cat joined him in his sorrow — these are only a few examples of how our furry friends can make the gloomiest days filled with smiles, serving as natural antidepressants.
Here at Bright Side, we’re sure that animals are an endless source of serotonin. Today we’ve found 17 fortunate people who got to meet a 4-pawed friend and got cheered up on a sulky day. We’d love for you to catch these positive vibes together with us.
1. “The train on my way back home got delayed, but I was blessed by this cute little guy paying me attention.”
2. “My daughter isn’t feeling well tonight, and my dog won’t leave her side.”
3. “I volunteer at a wildlife rehab. This is our 1-year-old beaver giving me a hug because she missed me over the winter.”
4. “My husband and I found this terrified dog sitting in a crate. She is now my therapy dog and helps me fight anxiety and depression.”
5. “Looked down while eating dinner to find Leo comforting his little bro.”
6. “Saw this guy while on a walk the other day. He just hangs over his terrace to greet passers-by.”
7. “Had a bad case at work and the clinic cat decided to comfort me.”
8. “My dad didn’t like cats. He was on hospice and this was comfort care.”
9. “I’m 8 months pregnant. My dog won’t leave my side.”
10. “I was really worried about her around my son. Turns out she’s a great mama dog. She won’t leave his side.”
11. “Our daughter was visited by Maddie, a therapy dog, before her surgery at the children’s hospital. This dog helped all of us more than she will ever know.”
12. “At the university where I work, they have a unique way of dealing with the stress of finals. Dogs!”
13. “My son is deaf and we rescued this kitten with a broken ear.”
14. “I suffer from PTSD. 6 years ago I started working with wolves as a form of therapy. Today I run a wolf sanctuary and have healed more than I ever imagined possible.”
15. “My boyfriend broke up with me because he can’t see a future for himself with a handicapped person. At least my cat loves me.”
16. “This pretty girl came to visit my daughter.”
17. “My nephew was put in a time out. The cat decided to join him.”
When was the last time a fluffy friend comforted you in a stressful situation? What did they do?